(TS) – Just because a camera has bellows doesn’t mean it’s vintage. Just announced today, the new Lomography Belair X 6-12 has bellows as well. It’s a portable medium-format camera that shoots auto-exposed photographs on 6×12 film — the world’s first camera to do so.
At first glance, the Belair X 6-12 should look familiar to most people that have shot with medium format before, as it’s a standard folding camera, with bellows and all. Unlike many of those folding cameras from 1900s, the Belair has a coupled light meter built in, making it much easier and quicker to use in everyday situations. You can also choose the format you like, ranging from 6×6 square format, to 6×9, or the very wide 6×12 format, which allows you to shoot between 12 and 6 photos per roll of 120 film – that might sound low if you’re used to 35mm film, but the large frames makes it worth it.
The Belair will be available in three different styles, the all black Cityslicker, the metal and brown leather Jetsetter, and the limited edition snake-skin Globe-trotter, of which only 300 will be released worldwide. All models come standard with both 90mm and 58mm lenses, that’s standard and wide-angle on medium format. We don’t currently have a local ETA or pricing info, but we’ll hopefully have more details closer to the end of the year. In the meantime, familiarise yourself with the official microsite.
Here’s a couple of shots taken with the Belair, as well as some product shots showing of it’s timeless design.
Lomography Belair X 6-12 bellows camera features:
* Exposure Area: 104 x 52mm (6×12), 78 x 52mm (6×9), 52mm x 52mm (6×6)
* Film Type: 120 Roll Film
* Interchangeable Lens Mount: 3 Bayonet Type
* Auto-exposure Mode: Aperture Priority
* Auto-Exposure range: EV4 ~ EV15
* Highest Shutter Speed: 1/125
* Lowest Shutter Speed (B Mode): Unlimited
* Film Sensitivity Supports (ASA/ISO): 50, 100, 200, 400, 800, 1600
* Battery Supply: 2×1.5V (2 x LR44)
* Multiple Exposure: Yes
* Flash Connection: X-type Synchronization Hot-shoe
* Tripod Socket Thread: Standard ¼” Tripod Socket
Tags: Belair X 6-12 Panoramic, Lomography, Medium Format camera
If you enjoyed this website, make sure you Subscribe to our RSS feed for latest posts via email or on your homepage!