(TS) – ASRock has unveiled their latest ATX motherboard, the FM2A85X Pro. This slim ATX form-factor motherboard, as the name suggests, is based on AMD A85X chipset, supporting socket FM2 APUs.
This slim ATX form-factor motherboard, as the name suggests, is based on AMD A85X chipset, supporting socket FM2 APUs. By ATX standards, the board has a very slim feature-set, which should keep its price considerably low. To begin with, the FM2 socket is powered by a cost-effective 5-phase VRM, which draws power from an 8-pin EPS connector. It is wired to just two DDR3 DIMM slots (32 GB max., dual-channel DDR3-1866); and a PCI-Express 2.0 x16 connector.
In addition to a PCI-Express 2.0 x16 that’s wired to the APU, the FM2A85X-ITX features another long slot, only this one is electrical 2.0 x4, and wired to the A85X FCH. Three PCI-Express 2.0 x1, and two legacy PCI make for the rest of the expansion slot area. The board features a total of eight SATA 6 Gb/s ports, but are spread apart in two clumps of four ports each. Connectivity is pretty basic: dual-link DVI, D-Sub, four USB 3.0 ports (two rear, two by header), 6-channel HD audio, gigabit Ethernet, PS/2 mouse and keyboard; and a number of USB 2.0/1.1 ports. We expect this one to go for around $80, if not less.
ASRock FM2A85X Pro Features:
- Support for Socket FM2 100W processors
- All Solid Capacitor Design
- Supports Dual Channel DDR3 1866
- Supports Intel XMP 1.3/1.2 and AMD Memory Profile
- Supports AMD Quad CrossFireX, CrossFireX and Dual Graphics
- Integrated AMD Radeon HD 7000 series graphics in A-series APU
- Dual VGA Output : D-Sub, DVI-D
- 5.1 CH HD Audio (Realtek ALC662 Audio Codec)
- Supports ASRock X-Boost, XFast 555, Fast Boot, Restart to UEFI, OMG, Dehumidifier, Interactive UEFI
- Supports AMD Steady Video 2.0
- Free Bundle : CyberLink MediaEspresso 6.5 Trial, Google Chrome Browser and Toolbar
Tags: ASRock, ATX Motherboard, FM2A85X Pro
If you enjoyed this website, make sure you Subscribe to our RSS feed for latest posts via email or on your homepage!