(TS) – HTC Butterfly is the first smartphone to feature a 5inch Full HD 1080p display. The HTC Butterfly(Droid DNA) was available in US during the end of 2012. HTC soon announced the global version of the Droid DNA – HTC Butterfly. HTC did not give any clear time frame for its launch in India. But looks like the Butterfly will land in India sooner than expected.
The HTC Butterfly is based on Android 4.1 and has a full HD 5 inch display with a super resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels which translates to 441 pixels per inch, against Apple iPhone 5′s 326 ppi pixel density. HTC has used the third generation Super LCD display clubbed with Corning Gorilla Glass 2 technology to create a slimmer and stronger touchscreen display in the Butterfly.
The HTC Butterfly is powered by a quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 mobile processor running at 1.5 GHz along with Adreno 320 graphics chip. To power it up, HTC has chosen Google Android 4.1 Jelly Bean operating system and the HTC Sense 4+ user interface.
The smartphone carries 2 GB of RAM (again an industry first move) for smooth performance and has 16 GB of integrated memory (11 GB is available for users though) which can be further upped by 32 GB through a micro SD card.
HTC has used an 8 megapixel camera with image stabilisation, auto focus, LED flash, and a backside illumination sensor along with HTC’s own Image chip. Its 8 megapixel rear camera, which comes with f/2.0 aperture and 8mm lens, is capable of clicking great quality images even in low luminance. The camera can also be used to record full 1080p HD videos and one can also capture 6 megapixel photos while recording the video simultaneously.
In the front there is a 2.1 megapixel camera also capable of recording full 1080p videos at 30 frames per second. HTC has packed a 2020 mAh battery in this smartphone which comes with Beats audio enhancement too.
Despite all the top notch hardware the phone weighs about 140 grams and it is 9.1 mm thick only.
- 1.5GHz Qualcomm S4 quad-core processor
- 5 inch super LCD 3 with Corning Gorilla Glass 2 & Full HD 1920 x 1080 resolution
- Android 4.1 with HTC Sense
- Total storage: 16GB | Expansion card slot supports microSD memory card for up to 32GB additional storage
- RAM: 2 GB
- Bluetooth with aptX enabled (Bluetooth 4.0)
- DLNA for wirelessly streaming media, micro-USB 2.0 (5-pin) port with MHL for USB or HDMI connection
- 8 megapixel camera with auto focus, LED flash, and BSI sensor (for better low-light captures), F2.0 aperture and 28mm lens
- 2.1 megapixel front camera (1080p for video chat)
- Dedicated HTC ImageChip
- 2020 mAh battery
Tags: HTC Butterfly
If you enjoyed this website, make sure you Subscribe to our RSS feed for latest posts via email or on your homepage!