(TS) – The official website of Micro-Star International (MSI) has a description of the entry-level motherboard 970A-G43 in the ATX form factor on the chipset AMD 970 South Bridge AMD SB950, designed for installation in the performance of AMD Socket AM3/AM3 +.
It uses a simple 5-phase VRM to power the AM3+ socket. The board uses an all solid-state capacitor loadout, by saving on MOSFETs. The CPU VRM uses inexpensive On-Semi DPAK fare. The socket is wired to four DDR3 DIMM slots supporting up to 64 GB of dual-channel DDR3-1866 MHz memory.
Among the expansion slots are a PCI-Express 2.0 x16 (wired to the 970 northbridge), a PCI-Express 2.0 x16 (electrical x4, wired to the SB950 southbridge), and two each of PCI-Express 2.0 x1 and legacy PCI. Storage connectivity is care of six SATA 6 Gb/s ports supporting RAID 0/1/5/10. A couple of 2-port USB 3.0 controllers wired out four ports, of which are two are given out by a standard front-panel header. Completing the package are 8-channel HD audio (Realtek ALC887), gigabit Ethernet (Realtek 8111E), and a handful of USB 2.0/1.1 ports. The board is driven by AMI UEFI BIOS. The 970A-G43 is priced at $89.99.
- Four 240-pin DIMM-slots to accommodate up to 32 GB of dual-channel DDR3 memory with a frequency 1066/1333/1600/1866/2133 (OC) MHz;
- A pair of slots PCI Express 2.0 x16, PCI Express 2.0 x1 and PCI;
- Six SATA III ports with the option of RAID-arrays levels 0/1/5/10;
- Audio codec Realtek ALC887, responsible for up to 7.1 channel audio HD Audio;
- Gigabit Ethernet-controller Realtek RTL8111E;
- Located at the rear of the two PS / 2 connector, RJ-45, two-port USB 3.0, six USB 2.0 ports and six audio standard.
Tags: 970A-G43, motherboard, MSI, socket AM3
If you enjoyed this website, make sure you Subscribe to our RSS feed for latest posts via email or on your homepage!